Remedies stimulate your own inherent ability to heal and encourage the body to cure, instead of simply suppressing symptoms.
The homeopathic approach to health healing ~
The name “homeopathy” comes from the Greek words, homoion + pathos, meaning “the cure is like the disease.”
Therefore in a nutshell, 'that which can cause, can cure' is the principle of homeopathic treatment.
Symptoms are a person’s individual way of expressing an imbalance in the body; they are just a small subset of the overall illness your body is trying to contend with. And therefore, to palliate or suppress these symptoms, would be like closing the only open door to your underlying disease state!
It is your symptoms, both mental and physical, that allow the practitioner to understand the nature of your individual health picture.
Some homeopathic history -
Homeopathic medicine emerged in the late 1700’s from the scientific studies of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843). Through his work as translator, Hahnemann came across a medical journal written by Scottish Doctor, Dr. William Cullen, that described the successful treatment of Malaria in Africa with Peruvian Bark. It was not known at the time what property in the Peruvian Bark (which we know now is quinine) was therapeutic, so Hahnemann went on to investigate this phenomenon more closely. Being a curious, hands-on investigator, Hahnemann swallowed a dose of Peruvian bark and began to feel feverish, drowsy, extremely thirsty, and agitated - all symptoms of malaria! After more experimentation, with a variety of substances, Hahnemann formed his theory that 'like cures like', or 'The Law of Similars'.
Hormonal Issues: premenstrual symptoms including irritability and cramping, heavy bleeding, irregular periods, absence of periods, spotting between periods, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, low sex drive, fertility issues and menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and mood swings.
Pediatric Issues: latching difficulties, chronic ear infections, diaper rash, colic, diarrhea, chicken pox, mumps, measles, and behaviour issues including ADD, ADHD, compulsive behaviours and autism. Additionally, homeopathy can help to minimize vaccine reactions.
Acute Complaints: colds, respiratory viruses, gastrointestinal viruses, sports injuries, and broken bones. Plus, homeopathy can alleviate the side effects of conventional cancer treatments.
1. Homeopathy is the second most widely used system of medicine in the world.
2. Homeopathy improves health generally, rather than merely alleviating localized symptoms. By boosting the body’s immune system, homeopathy can help improve a person’s resistance to illness and infections.
3. Homeopathy can be just as effective as and even more effective than leading pharmaceutical approaches.
4. Homeopathy works by stimulating the body’s own natural defense mechanism to promote health and resist infection and susceptibility to disease.
5. Homeopathy treats the whole individual, acting on the mental and emotional as well as the physical level.
6. Homeopathic treatment offers a gentle and non-invasive approach to health. It produces no toxic side effects, no dependency or addiction, and no withdrawal.
7. Homeopathic medicines are inexpensive.
8. Homeopathy can be safely used to provide rapid relief to minor problems such as bruises, simple burns, sprains, insect bites, gastric upsets.
9. Homeopathic remedies may be used independently or along with conventional drugs or other therapies (with the full knowledge of all health providers.) it can often alleviate side effects of conventional treatments including chemotherapy.
10. Homeopathic medicines are not tested on animals, and are only tested on healthy humans in order to determine the range of action of each remedy.